Hey all, lovely Rosie Scribblah nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award. Just the thing I need to get my wheels turning again! I have let my day job get in the way of my life’s work (drawing), so this is a most excellent bump to my creativity. Thank you so much to Rosie the Mad/Brilliant printmaker. Take some time and check out her blog as well.
The rules for the award indicate that I must nominate 15 blogs I think are deserving of the Versatile Blogger Award. All of the blogs I have listed are fantasmagol and I recommend checking them out.
My nominated blogs are:
1. Hark, A Vagrant! by the lovely, wickedly smart Kate Beaton.
2. Doodlemum This is a really cool, cute blog by a mother of 3 (how does she find the time?) in Wales.
3. Gemma Correll and her Merry Band of Misfits Brilliantly funny cartoonist from England.
4. Get Rich Slowly A great financial blog.
5. Low on the Hog Very talented charcutier now living in Atlanta, Georgia.
6. The Idler A great slow blog.
7. Slow Down Now This blog has made me laugh and be more mindful.
8. The Stone Soup Excellent cooking blog, utilizing 5 ingredients or less for each recipe.
9. Missed Connections Very talented illustrator makes art from “Missed Connections” section of the classifieds.
10. Cold Antler Farm A young woman’s sojourn into homesteading/farming.
11. Nina Johansson Extremely talented artist from Sweden. I LOVE her work. Amazing.
12. Dadu Shin Ethereal work. Just wonderful.
13. Bouletcorp Funny French cartoonist dude.
14. Yellow Owl Workshop Lovely printer from San Francisco. Found her through her newest book, Print Workshop.
15. Sustainably Creative Michael Nobbs teaches how to keep being creative, even when you don’t feel like it.
Now, seven things you might not know about me:
1. I can call owls.
2. Movies from the thirties are my favorites–especially screwball comedies.
3. In addition to drawing scribbly cartoons, I also paint and make relief prints.
4. Coffee addict
5. I am a foodie.
6. Though terrible at gardening, I keep trying.
7. Six of my toenails have fallen off since I started training for a half marathon. (After next week, never again!)